Connecting for Life – Mid West of Ireland, The Vision
When we work together, things can be different.
Connecting for Life, Ireland’s National Strategy to Reduce Suicide 2015-2020 sets out a vision where fewer lives are lost through suicide, and where communities and individuals are empowered to improve their mental health and wellbeing.
Connecting for Life Mid West 2017-2020 sets out specific local actions to deliver the 7 goals of the National Strategy, within the context of HSE Mid West Community Healthcare area (Limerick, Clare and North Tipperary).
This vision is to be realised through seven goals:
- Better understanding of suicidal behaviour
- Supporting communities to prevent and respond to suicidal behaviour
- Targeted approaches for those vulnerable to suicide
- Improved access, consistency and integration of services
- Safe and high-quality services
- Reduce access to means
- Better data and research.
For more information please see this link.